The 3 Best Laundry Hacks For Saving Money
Laundry is something everyone does. Here at American Home USA, we spend a lot of time at the cleaners - testing new lines of towels, cleaning sheets, and testing new products. We realized that our cleaning bills kept going up - for personal reasons (staying home more because of the pandemic) and professional reasons (testing out new products for our collections) - so we decided to share our top 3 laundry hacks to save money - even when doing MORE laundry!
1. WE LOVE DRYER BALLS -- we swear by these things! Never purchase fabric softener or dryer sheets again. Dryer balls are reusable and designed to last for years -- they even get BETTER with age. Put away those chemical dryer sheets, protect your family and the environment, and go green with 100% wool natural dryer balls! Dryer balls can decrease drying time by much as 20-40%, depending on load size & fabric (therefore, saving you money)! As your wet laundry tumbles in the dryer, our dryer balls will lift and separate your clothes. They increase the air space between your clothes and allow the air to flow freely and more efficiently.
- Links to American Made Dryer Balls we LOVE: American Home USA Dryer Balls - Handmade in California - Set of 3 for $24.
- Why Dryer Balls are better than Dryer Sheets: See Here, Here, and Here
2. USE SALT TO BOOST COLORS! -- we recently tried this -- and it works! Swap expensive detergent for a tablespoon of kosher salt - salt is naturally antimicrobial and helps to kill germs - AND works like charm in fighting fading and keep colors bright and vivid. We do this every so often with our towels to cut down on expensive detergent - it’s a great replacement! Check out these guys for more info on using salt to boost colors and how to make your own laundry detergent to continue to save money on laundry!
3. USE VINEGAR INSTEAD OF FABRIC SOFTENER -- While this doesn’t smell as good as fabric sheets or scented dryer balls, vinegar works to help soften clothes and decrease static. Side note: we love putting a drop of essential oil on our dryer balls! If you dry your PJs with our dryer balls and add a little drop of lavender essential oil to the balls before you throw them in the dryer, it will make you feel like you’re sleeping in HEAVEN!. Check out more tips on using vinegar instead of fabric softener from: Clean Mama, Well and Good, and SF Gate.